The following are new services and procedures that we now offer at Menlo Dermatology Medical Group:
- Kybella™ (deoxycholic acid) is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your chin Kybella™ causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. The treatment is nonsurgical and takes 15-20 minutes per session. The number of treatments needed is customized to achieve your goal, usually 2-3 sessions are required. Results are permanent.
- Allē® This customer loyalty program takes the place of Brilliant Distinctions and allows you to earn points on Allergan Aesthetics products and a variety of in-office treatments from other brands. Later enjoy savings on Allergan Aesthetic products by redeeming points.
- PRO-NOX Pro-Nox is a patient-controlled delivery system for nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide is an analgesic that can be used to ease pain and provide comfort during procedures such as laser treatments, injections of dermal fillers, or Ultherapy. Unlike traditional anesthesia, Pro-Nox does not need to be administered by an anesthesiologist. Rather, you are the driver of the Pro-Nox system. HOW IS PRO-NOX USED? Pro-Nox is administered through a mouthpiece and hose, allowing you to gently inhale nitrous oxide during treatment. Since you know your body and your threshold for pain better than any other person, this allows you to be in charge of how much nitrous oxide you receive. The Pro-Nox system is completely unlike the nitrous oxide you receive at your dentist’s office. During dental procedures, you do not have control over the amount of nitrous oxide you receive. Furthermore, the levels of nitrous oxide you receive at a dentist’s office qualify as anesthesia since they can reach levels of 70 percent. The Pro-Nox system delivers a 50 percent nitrous oxide, 50 percent oxygen stream to be inhaled during times of discomfort or anxiety. Once inhalation has stopped, it only takes 10 minutes for the nitrous oxide to completely leave your system. HOW LONG DOES IT LAST? Unlike the nitrous oxide traditionally administered at a dentist’s office, this 50 percent nitrous oxide 50 percent oxygen mixture leaves the body just as quickly as it is delivered. You will be able to drive yourself both to and from your aesthetic appointment or resume your regular activities. Following your treatment, we simply ask that you wait 10 minutes to allow the nitrous oxide to leave your system. Then you are free to drive or any other normal activity. RISKS? As one of the safest methods of in-office sedation, nitrous oxide has been used in medical offices for decades. It works quickly to provide relaxation and is completely safe when used under the supervision of the physician of Menlo Dermatology Medical Group and their trained and qualified staff.
- Ultherapy® The only non-invasive procedure FDA-approved to lift skin on the brow, neck and under the chin. Focused ultrasound energy stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin tissue deep within the skin.
- Coolsculpting® is a revolutionary non-surgical contouring treatment that freezes stubborn fat, which then is naturally eliminated from your body.
- UltraPulse® fractional CO2 laser treatment for improvement of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, texture and pigmentation.
- Radiesse® price reduction, a larger volume syringe now competitively priced.
- Skin Medica® We are now offering skin care products online, shipped directly to you. Refill any of your favorite products and receive free 2 day shipping. Enjoy 20% off when you sign up for subscription service. Select Skin Medica products are still available in our office as well. Shop: https://mdmg.brilliantconnections.com//
- Elta MD™ sunscreens are designed for every skin type and unique need, paraben and allergen free.
- Asclera™ (polidocanol), a medication used for sclerotherapy (treatment of spider veins), is now approved by the FDA. It has long been used outside of the USA and is safe and effective.
- Juvéderm XC®,Voluma® and Restylane L are anesthetic added versions of commonly used wrinkle fillers.
- Skin Ceuticals®, advanced skin care backed by science. We carry Skin Ceutical's best selling products in our office. Born from decades of skin cancer research that led to pivotal breakthrough antioxidants, their high potency formulas are proven to penetrate optimally into the skin. Made in the USA, the line is formulated to correct signs of aging and prevent future damage.
- Microneedling, minimal downtime treatment that utilizes the skin's natural repair process to give you a fresher look.
- PRP (platelet rich plasma), a promising new treatment for hair loss and skin rejuvenation.